Bodrum Milas Airport (BJV) is the number one international airport for the ones who are travelling to the Bodrum region of Turkey including the popular holiday resorts of Bodrum city center and neighboring resorts Gumbet, Bitez, Ortakent, Akyarlar, Turgutreis, Gumusluk, Yalikavak, Gundogan, Turkbuku, Golturkbuku and Torba.
Some Practical Information for BJV
- Bodrum Milas Airport is the main international airport for the Bodrum region of Turkey.
- The airport is situated about 36 km. on the north-eastern part of the city center.
- Bodrum Airport Code is BJV, Tel: +90 252 523 01 01 , Web : milas-bodrumairport.com
- You can travel between Bodrum Airport and city center (including intercity bus terminal) directly by Public Bus (MUTTAS), HAVAS Airport Shuttle, Taxi, Shared or Private Shuttle.
- The HAVAS Airport Shuttle is the most practical way, the Private Shuttle (see on bottom page) is the most comfortable and convenient way to travel between the airport and city center, as well all holiday resorts of Bodrum.
- You can find minibuses from the Bodrum Intercity Bus Terminal to neighboring resorts such as Gumbet, Bitez, Akyarlar, Yalikavak, Turgutreis, Ortakent, Gundogan operating in every 15/30 minutes.
- You’ll find short and long-term parking areas at the airport.
- There is NO METRO line to the airport.
Where is Bodrum Milas Airport?
Bodrum Milas Airport (BJV) is situated on the north easterly Bodrum city center. Average distance from the Bodrum city center is about 35 km.
Some distances to the major holiday resorts and towns from the Bodrum airport:
- Bodrum city center: 35.8 km
- Akyarlar: 59 km
- Bitez: 42 km
- Golturkbuku: 44 km
- Gumbet: 39 km
- Gumusluk: 56 km
- Gundogan: 47,6 km
- Ortakent: 47,6 km
- Torba: 32,5 km
- Turgutreis: 54,5 km
- Turkbuku: 46 km
- Yalikavak: 52,5 km
Bodrum Milas Airport offers 24 hrs services such as tourism information, tour operators, banks, travel agents, medical services, food & drink and duty free shops.
- Phone Operator: +90 252 511 100
- Information Desk International Dep. : 1000
- Information Desk Domestic Dep. : 1100
- Operations Supervision Unit on Duty: 1757
- Car Park Domestic Dep.: 1575-1375
- Car Park International Dep.: 1571
BJV Flights – Live Arrivals & Departures Info
Please check milas-bodrumairport.com to find out the COVID-19 information for passengers traveling from Bodrum Milas Airport.
BJV Passenger Rights
For the ones who may have an event of flight cancellation, delay, upgrading or downgrading, and any cases of inconvenience, the airlines should provide you information with all these unexpected events, and they used to do it by law. You can ask information at the airlines’ or tour operators’ desks for sure.
You can read your rights when you travel by air in the European Union from europa.eu/youreurope/
You may also call Civil Aviation General Directorate for detailed information.
Telephone: + 90 (312) 203 60 00
Insider Advice for BJV Departures
When getting to Bodrum Airport (BJV) from city center or any resort that you are on holiday, we highly recommend you schedule your time to be at the airport at least 1,5 hours for domestic flights and 2,5 hours for international flights.
Note that you will need to wait in the queue on the airport’s main entrance, the airline’s counter, and check-in process. And when it is high season, you’ll need to be in race with thousands of travelers.
You should expect at least 10 minutes walking inside the airport.
You should complete your check-in within 60 minutes for international flights, and 45 minutes for domestic flights before the scheduled departure time. Otherwise you may lose all rights on the ticket and flight.
Therefore, we highly recommend you to be at the airport as early as possible.
When we count the minimum transfer time of average 45 minutes plus 15 minutes possible traffic, you should arrange your transfer in between airport and your hotel/resort at least 2,5 to 3,5 hours before your flight.
BJV is spread through arrivals and departures terminals, and include shops, duty free, cafes, restaurants, exchange offices, banks, rent a car, information counters, desks and left luggage facilities.
Bodrum Airport has one terminal for international flights and one terminal for domestic flights.
Check the Airport Plans Interactive Maps from below.
The Airport has a parking area and parking fees are based on hourly rates.
There are several options for you to get from the Bodrum Milas Airport to your hotel in the Bodrum peninsula. Below we gathered all the information and options and tried to explain them to help you make your decision regarding on your needs and budget.
You can read our below pages with specific “how to get” guides.
Public Bus (MUTTAS)
The public bus service named “MUTTAS” operates between Bodrum Airport and city center, including Intercity Bus Terminal. There is also a stop at the Torba junction and Guvercinlik Migros Supermarket.
Bodrum Intercity Bus Terminal to Bodrum Airport
The public buses depart about 2 hours prior to the flight time.
Bodrum Airport to Bodrum Intercity Bus Terminal
The public buses depart upon the arrivals. You can find them in front of the Domestic Arrivals.
You need to pay in cash. Credit card is not available.
It takes about 50 minutes to get to the city center
Airport Shuttle (HAVAS)
The HAVAS Airport Shuttles operate on a regular fixed route to Bodrum city center and Intercity Bus Terminal. The shuttles are scheduled according to the domestic flights. You can find them in front of the Domestic Arrivals.
Bodrum Milas Airport, Güvercinlik, Torba road, Bodrum Intercity Bus Terminal
It takes about 45 minutes to get to the city center
Please check pricing and timetables info from havas.net
You can take local taxis to travel between Bodrum Airport and city center. Taxi ranks are located outside the terminal so you should walk some. There is no day and night difference. If we make a calculation, regarding you will take a local taxi from the Bodrum airport to the city center within an average distance of 35 km, the taxi fare for will be around 995 TL.
You can calculate approx. taxi fare by using this formula. It may also cost you more depending where your hotel is, possible traffic and the taxi driver’s possible drive to your hotel from different long routes.
We also recommend you to ask and pay in Turkish Liras, the taxi fares sometimes have big differences with the foreign currencies.
Car Hire from Bodrum Milas Airport
If you’re flying into Bodrum, one of the easiest ways to get around the region is by hiring a car from Bodrum Milas Airport. Many of the major car rental companies have desks at the airport, so you can easily pick up your rental car as soon as you land. Here are some of the major car hire companies that operate at Bodrum Milas Airport: Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz, Sixt
Booking Your Rental Car
To ensure that you get the best price and availability for your rental car, it’s a good idea to book in advance. You can easily do this online through the car rental company’s website or through a third-party booking site.
Tips for Renting a Car from Bodrum Milas Airport
Here are some tips to help you get the most out of your rental car experience from Bodrum Milas Airport:
- Book in advance: As mentioned earlier, booking in advance is the best way to secure the type of car you want at the best possible price.
- Check the insurance coverage: Make sure you understand what the rental car insurance covers and whether you need to purchase any additional coverage.
- Inspect the car: Before you drive off in your rental car, take the time to inspect it thoroughly for any existing damage. If you notice any scratches or dents, make sure to report them to the rental company before leaving the lot.
- Fill up the tank before returning the car: Most rental car companies require you to return the car with a full tank of gas. If you don’t, you’ll likely be charged an additional fee.
- Be aware of traffic rules and regulations: Make sure to familiarize yourself with Turkish traffic rules and regulations before getting behind the wheel. In Turkey, for example, you drive on the right side of the road, and seat belts are mandatory.
- Plan your route: Finally, make sure to plan your route in advance to avoid getting lost or stuck in traffic. Bodrum and the surrounding areas can get quite busy, especially during peak travel times, so it’s a good idea to plan your itinerary ahead of time.
Private / Shared Shuttle
For the ones who travel with a group of friends, families with kids, or the ones with lots of luggage, than we highly recommend you to arrange a private shuttle transfer for your hotel in Bodrum city center as they offer a fixed rate, comfortable and safe transfer that include meet-and-greet airport pickups and luggage assistance to your hotel from the airports or vice versa.
The HAVAS airport shuttle will drop you off at the Bodrum city center or Intercity Bus Terminal, and than you’ll need to take a taxi or midibus again to get to your hotel which will be a hard trip for you especially with kids and luggage. On the contrary, private transfer will ride you just to the entrance of your hotel.
As for private airport shuttle transfers, we highly recommend Easybook Transfers and Kiwitaxi as we recently booked with them had a great trip to our hotel.
Easybook Airport VIP Transfers
Easybook Bodrum Airport Transfer (official travel agency with TURSAB license No:9675) is our trusted partner for luxurious and hassle-free VIP transportation services to and from Bodrum Milas Airport (BJV). They take pride in offering a premium transfer experience that exceeds your expectations and ensures your journey is smooth, comfortable, and stylish.
They have a fleet of top-of-the-line VIP vehicles, including the prestigious Mercedes-Benz Vito VIP and Mercedes-Benz Sprinter VIP, to provide you with the ultimate level of comfort and style. Their vehicles are meticulously maintained to guarantee a safe and luxurious ride. Whether you are traveling alone, with your family, or in a group, their team will assist you in selecting the perfect vehicle that suits your party size and ensures a comfortable journey.
Faster and more comfortable than shuttles, buses and taxis. Free cancellation. All prices include fees & tip.
Or you can directly contact Easybook Airport Transfers via the Whatsapp button below, and get free quote, as well as special discount as being our website visitor.
They offer low-priced, fixed rate private shuttles that include meet-and-greet airport pickups and luggage assistance. Their large selection of comfortable taxis, minivans, luxurious cars and 6-19+ passenger minibuses can match any need while ensuring quick, comfortable and safe trip to and from Bodrum Airport (BJV). They are also faster and more comfortable than airport shuttle, bus or taxi.
Faster and more comfortable than shuttles, buses and taxis. Free cancellation. All prices include fees & tip.
Book your Private Shuttle
Check out and book your transfer from the below best and cheapest options