Bodrum Milas Airport (BJV) is the number one international airport for the ones who are travelling to the Bodrum region of Turkey including the popular holiday resorts of Bodrum city center and neighboring resorts Gumbet, Bitez, Ortakent, Akyarlar, Turgutreis, Gumusluk, Yalikavak, Gundogan, Turkbuku, Golturkbuku and Torba.
Bodrum Milas Airport Information
The airport closest airport to Bodrum is the International Bodrum Milas Airport (BJV), located 36 km. from central Bodrum. Bodrum Milas Airport offers 24 hrs services such as tourism information, tour operators, banks, travel agents, medical services, food & drink and duty free shops.
Airport Code: BJV
Phone : +90 (0252) 523 01 01
Fax : +90 (0252) 523 00 82
Web : www.milasbodrum.dhmi.gov.tr
How to Get from the Bodrum Milas Airport (BJV) to your Hotel in the Bodrum peninsula?
There are several options for you to get from the Bodrum Milas Airport to your hotel in the Bodrum peninsula. Below we gathered all the information and options and tried to explain them to help you make your decision regarding on your needs and budget.
* Turkish Liras – You can obtain currency exchange before traveling to Bodrum or on arrival. We recommend you to obtain Turkish Liras (TRY ot TL) in Turkey as the exchange rates are usually better in Turkey and you can find exchange offices in Bodrum airport and through whole resorts along the Bodrum peninsula.
You can get TL from the many ATM machines located inside the Bodrum Airport’s arrival, departure terminals and parking area. When you get Turkish Liras we also recommend you to also have small banknotes like 5 TL, 10 TL, 20 TL or 50 TL. You’ll need to use cash for your transfer as many of the transfer options will not accept credit cards. And TL will benefit you more than foreign currencies as you may be confused with the calculation and many times foreign currencies will cost you much.
* Your Hotel’s Address – We recommend you to have your accommodation address and telephone number with you. There is big number of hotels in the Bodrum region so that you or taxi drivers may get confused. You may need to check your hotel address or call your hotel.
Taking a taxi to get to your hotel is another option. Taxi ranks are located outside the terminal so you should walk some. You should know that Bodrum Milas Airport is far away from the Bodrum city center and neighboring resorts. According to the 2019 taxi fares for Bodrum, the taxi-meter switch on price is 4,50 TL and per kilometer price varies regarding the kilometers. 31-50 km. is 2,50 TL per kilometer.
There is no day and night difference. If we make a calculation, regarding you will take a local taxi from the Bodrum airport to the Bodrum city center for 36 km., the taxi fare for will be around 100 TL. You may calculate approx. taxi fare by using this formula. It may also cost you more depending where your hotel is, possible traffic and the taxi driver’s possible drive to your hotel from different long routes.
If you are a group or a family with kids or having lots of luggage with you, than we recommend you take the other options below. But if you decide to take a taxi anyways, than we recommend you to take them from the official taxi ranks located outside the terminal and stay away from the hustlers inside the airport terminal. You may also find the annual taxi fare list at the official taxi ranks. We recommend you to ask and pay in Turkish Liras, the taxi fares sometimes have big differences with the foreign currencies.
The HAVAS Airport Shuttle operates between the airport and Bodrum city center. Following the route Guvercinlik, Torba road and Bodrum Intercity Bus Terminal in central Bodrum in order, it takes about 45 minutes and costs 17,50 TL.
From the Bodrum city center to other resorts on the Bodrum peninsula, you’ll need to take a taxi or minibuses.
Private Shuttle and Transfers
This is by far the best, the most preferred, convenient, safe and fastest option. If you are a group or a family with kids or having lots of luggage with you, than we highly recommend you to take private transfers for your hotel as they offer a fixed rate, comfortable and safe transfer to your hotel in the Bodrum region.
The HAVAS airport shuttle will bring you to at the Intercity Bus Terminal of Bodrum, and you’ll need to take a taxi or minibus from there again, which will be harder for you to travel with your family or luggage. But a private shuttle transfer will drive you just to the entrance of your hotel.
The driver also meets you inside the airport terminal with your name written on a plate. And he accompanies you for the transfer and also he helps you with your luggage like where to take them and even carry them to the shuttle. And as there is a fixed price, you will not have to worry or deal with price calculations.
Summary of all
Well as you see, there are several options to reach your hotel in the Bodrum region from Bodrum Milas Airport and each has their own advantages. As a summary we can say and advice that;
* If you are travelling alone or a couple, and don’t have so much luggage, than you may take the HAVAS Airport Shuttles from the airport and reach Bodrum city center, and from there you may take a taxi or midibuses to reach your hotel, and it will be very tiring for you to get to your hotel.
* If you are travelling as a group of 4 people or more, or if you are a family with kids, than we recommend you to check the prices of airport taxis and reach your your hotel with them.
* And finally, if you don’t want to go through the hassle of making all above arrangements by your own and if you think feel like you may have troubles with them, than we recommend you to arrange your own transfer via Private Shuttle Service from Bodrum Milas Airport to all resorts, so that you may feel comfortable and take a good service including your meeting by the taxi driver in the arrival hall (1 hour waiting is included), holding a plate with our names on it, carrying your luggage and bringing you to your hotel’s doorstep.
Private Shuttles to/from Milas Bodrum Airport – Bodrum
* As for private airport shuttle transfers, we highly recommend Tranigo (a Turkish company operating since 1996, and partnered with renowned names like Hertz, Thrifty, Budget, and many reliable and efficient local suppliers) as we recently booked with them had a great trip to our hotel.
* They have variety of different and good models of cars ranging from Micro for 3 passengers to Minibuses for 19 passengers and also offer child seats. They met us inside the airport, helped with our luggage, brought us in front of the hotel and there also helped us with our luggage.
COVID-19 Coronavirus Prevention and Safety Measures
* The safety and health of the guests and the drivers is a top priority. They guarantee that all the vehicles are cleaned and disinfected in accordance with the World Health Organization’s guidelines against COVID-19.
* Below you can click on the destination you need an airport transfer or make a search from the search box under to entire Bodrum region to find the prefect private shuttle and transfer service from Milas Bodrum Airport (BJV) to your hotel in any Bodrum resort and vice versa.
Faster and more comfortable than shuttles, buses and taxis. Free cancellation. All prices include fees & tip.
- Bodrum Airport <-> Bodrum city center
- Bodrum Airport <-> Turgutreis
- Bodrum Airport <-> Guvercinlik – Adabuku – Bogazici – Kuyucak
- Bodrum Airport <-> Bitez
- Bodrum Airport <-> Gumbet
- Bodrum Airport <-> Torba
- Bodrum Airport <-> Ortakent
- Bodrum Airport <-> Akyarlar
- Bodrum Airport <-> Yalikavak
- Bodrum Airport <-> Gumusluk
- Bodrum Airport <-> Golturkbuku
- Bodrum Airport <-> Gundogan