Last Updated on March 28, 2021
Here you can read our useful information and answer to the frequently asked question, “How to get from Bodrum Milas Airport (BJV) to Bodrum city center, and vice versa?”. We put together all the transport options and vehicles with insider tips to help you arrange your travel between Bodrum Milas Airport (AYT) and Bodrum city center in a safe and comfortable way.
Some Practical Info & Advice
* Bodrum Milas Airport (BJV) is situated on the north easterly Bodrum city center. Average distance from the Bodrum city center is about 35 km.
* Bodrum Airport Code is BJV, Tel: +90 252 523 01 01 , Web : milas-bodrumairport.com
* It takes about 35 minutes to get to Bodrum city center from BJV by taxi or private shuttle.
* You can travel between Bodrum Airport and city center (including intercity bus terminal) directly by;
- Public Bus (MUTTAS),
- HAVAS Airport Shuttle,
- Shared or Private Shuttles.
* The HAVAS Airport Shuttle is the most practical way, the Private Shuttle (see on bottom page) is the most comfortable and convenient way to travel between the airport and city center, as well all holiday resorts of Bodrum.
* You can find minibuses from the Bodrum Intercity Bus Terminal to neighboring resorts such as Gumbet, Bitez, Akyarlar, Yalikavak, Turgutreis, Ortakent, Gundogan operating in every 15/30 minutes.
* When getting to Bodrum Airport (BJV) from city center or any resort that you are on holiday, we highly recommend you schedule your time to be at the airport at least 1,5 hours for domestic flights and 2,5 hours for international flights.
* When we count the minimum transfer time of average 45 minutes plus 15 minutes possible traffic, you should arrange your transfer in between airport and your hotel/resort at least 2,5 to 3,5 hours before your flight.
* Turkish Liras – You can obtain currency exchange before traveling to Antalya or on arrival. We recommend you to obtain Turkish Liras (TRY ot TL) in Turkey as the exchange rates are usually better in Turkey and you can find exchange offices in Bodrum airport and through whole Bodrum resorts.
* You can get TL from the many ATM machines located inside the Bodrum Airport’s arrival, departure terminals and parking area. When you get Turkish liras we also recommend you to also have small banknotes like 5 TL, 10 TL, 20 TL or 50 TL.
* Your Hotel’s Address – We recommend you to have your accommodation address and telephone number with you. There is big number of hotels in the Bodrum region so that you or taxi drivers may get confused. You may need to check your hotel address or call your hotel.
Getting to/from Bodrum Airport FAQs
How far is Bodrum Airport from city center?
Bodrum Airport (BJV) is located about 35 km. on the north east part of Bodrum city center.
How long does it take to get to city center from Bodrum Airport?
It takes about 35 minutes to get to city center by taxi or private shuttle, and 45 minutes by airport shuttle. It will take about 50 minutes by public shuttle bus.
What is the best way to get from Bodrum Airport to city center?
HAVAS Airport Shuttle is the most practical way, the Private Shuttle is the most comfortable, fastest and convenient way to travel between the airport and city center, as well all holiday resorts of Bodrum.
How much is taxi from Bodrum airport to city center?
Taxi would cost at least 150-160 TL from Bodrum Airport to city center. It may cost more regarding your hotel's location and waiting time due to possible traffic.
How to Get to/from Bodrum Airport / City Center?
You’ll find several good options to get to from the Bodrum Milas Airport (BJV) to the city center or vice versa.
The MUTTAS public buses, and HAVAS Airport Shuttles operate in between Bodrum Airport and city center.
The HAVAS Airport Shuttle is the most practical way (operating only to city center), the Private Shuttle (see on bottom page) is the most comfortable and convenient way to travel between the airport and city center, as well all holiday resorts of Bodrum.
Option 1: Public Bus (MUTTAS)
The public bus service named “MUTTAS” operates between Bodrum Airport and city center, including Intercity Bus Terminal. There is also a stop at the Torba junction and Guvercinlik Migros Supermarket.
Bodrum Intercity Bus Terminal to Bodrum Airport
The public buses depart about 2 hours prior to the flight time.
Bodrum Airport to Bodrum Intercity Bus Terminal
The public buses depart upon the arrivals. You can find them in front of the Domestic Arrivals.
One way ticket price is 23 TL. You need to pay in cash. Credit card is not available.
It takes about 50 minutes to get to the city center
Option 2: Airport Shuttle (HAVAS)
The HAVAS Airport Shuttles operate on a regular fixed route to Bodrum city center and Intercity Bus Terminal. The shuttles are scheduled according to the domestic flights. You can find them in front of the Domestic Arrivals.
Bodrum Milas Airport, Güvercinlik, Torba road, Bodrum Intercity Bus Terminal
It takes about 45 minutes to get to the city center
One way ticket price is 23 TL
Please double check above info from havas.net
Option 3: Taxi
You can take local taxis to travel between Bodrum Airport and city center. Taxi ranks are located outside the terminal so you should walk some.
According to the 2021 taxi fares for Bodrum and Mugla region, the taxi-meter switch on price is 5,50 TL and per kilometer price varies with the distance (i.e. 5,60 TL per km. for 1-5 km. distance; 4,75 TL per km. for 6-15 km.; 3,75 TL per km. for 16-30 km.; 2,75 TL per km. for 31-50 km. distance; 2,40 TL per km. over 51 km.)
There is no day and night difference. If we make a calculation, regarding you will take a local taxi from the Bodrum airport to the city center within an average distance of 35 km, the taxi fare for will be around 150-160 TL.
You can calculate approx. taxi fare by using this formula. It may also cost you more depending where your hotel is, possible traffic and the taxi driver’s possible drive to your hotel from different long routes.
We also recommend you to ask and pay in Turkish Liras, the taxi fares sometimes have big differences with the foreign currencies.
Option 4: Private / Shared Shuttle
For the ones who travel with a group of friends, families with kids, or the ones with lots of luggage, than we highly recommend you to arrange a private shuttle transfer for your hotel in Bodrum city center as they offer a fixed rate, comfortable and safe transfer that include meet-and-greet airport pickups and luggage assistance to your hotel from the airports or vice versa.
The HAVAS airport shuttle will drop you off at the Bodrum city center or Intercity Bus Terminal, and than you’ll need to take a taxi or midibus again to get to your hotel which will be a hard trip for you especially with kids and luggage. On the contrary, private transfer will ride you just to the entrance of your hotel.
As for private shuttle transfers, we highly recommend Tranigo (a Turkish company operating since 1996, and partnered with renowned names like Hertz, Thrifty, Budget, and many reliable and efficient local suppliers) as we recently booked with them had a great trip to our hotel.
They offer low-priced, fixed rate private shuttles that include meet-and-greet airport pickups and luggage assistance. Their large selection of comfortable taxis, minivans, luxurious cars and 6-19+ passenger minibuses can match any need while ensuring quick, comfortable and safe trip to and from Bodrum Airport (BJV). They are also faster and more comfortable than airport shuttle, bus or taxi.
COVID-19 Coronavirus Prevention and Safety Measures
The safety and health of the guests and the drivers is a top priority. They guarantee that all the vehicles are cleaned and disinfected in accordance with the World Health Organization’s guidelines against COVID-19.
Below you can click on the destination you need an airport transfer or make a search from the search box under to entire Antalya region to find the prefect private shuttle and transfer service from Bodrum Milas Airport (BJV) to your hotel in any Bodrum resort and vice versa.
Faster and more comfortable than shuttles, buses and taxis. Free cancellation. All prices include fees & tip.