Blue Cruise or Blue Voyage is a type of tourism specific to Turkey and made by the traditional Gulets unique to Turkey’s Aegean and Mediterranean coasts. And Bodrum is the birth place of blue cruise and gulet holidays in Turkey. The wonderful long coastline is spectacular with isolated bays, great coves and wonders of nature.
The reputation of blue cruise Bodrum and the resort’s boat yards date back to ancient times, and today, craftsmen still build the traditional yachts and gulets. With its surroundings, long coastline, outstanding landscape of pine-covered hills, isolated bays and inlets, wonderful beaches, ancient cities, marinas and every kind of attractions; Bodrum can be considered as the Aegean paradise and is also a major center for yacht tourism and blue cruising in Turkey.
What is a Gulet?
A gulet is a wooden and motor sailing yacht built for blue cruising. Gulets are built for sea lovers to enjoy their yacht and gulet holidays on the deck during the charter. Spacious decks and housing a large stern half moon shaped dining and lounging area are the gulet’s main specialties.
The passenger capacity of a gulet varies 8 and 16 people according to the size of the gulet. They all have a wide deck in the front parts for sunbathing.
The mid-ship parts are used for the bar, kitchen and living room. The stern deck mostly used for resting as well. Seating, dining tables, bar and kitchen take place in this enclosed area.
The cabins take place in the lower deck. Gulets have an approximate speed of 8 to 11 knots and are very similar to cruise liners and small passenger boats only in that they offer private accommodation to their guests.
Close quarters on a gulet promote an atmosphere of friendship and sharing. Relationships among the passengers and the crew tend to be friendlier. In addition, a gulet can take you to all smaller isolated bays whereas cruisers are just bound from one port to another.
Popular Blue Cruising Routes for Bodrum
Blue cruising from Bodrum mostly starts in early May and goes on till late October. There are various routes and boat categories for the holidaymakers to choose from. Most popular blue cruising routes are made by the Gokova Bay through Gokova, Gocek, Hisaronu, Marmaris, Fethiye and Antalya.
Gulet, Yacht & Cabin Charters
Blue cruising in Bodrum is made by a“Gulet Charter”, “Yacht Charter”or“Cabin Charter”. Gulet Charter and Yacht Charter is for the ones with their families or friends from 8 up to 16 person. It is like chartering the entire yacht.
Cabin Charter is for the ones who travel alone or a couple and want to participate the cruise tour. Typical blue cruising goes for a week up to 10 days. You are able to find quality Gulet, Yacht and Cabin Charters in your Bodrum holidays.
Top Selling Blue Cruise holidays from Bodrum
How to Book Your Gulet Holidays?
* First of all, you’ll need to find a trusted gulet charter agent that offers range of sailing yachts, motor yachts, gulets, catamarans and speedboats and will assist you with every aspect of your gulet charter, from start to finish.
* Blue cruise and gulet holidays are usually booked weekly or 10-day programs.
* You can rent your own gulet or yacht in groups with your family, friends or loved ones. This is called yacht/gulet charter.
* If you are alone, couple or with a small number of friends, you can join the blue cruise in between mixed groups, which is called cabin charter.
* You are able to find lots of good charter agents providing gulet holidays. If you are asking our recommendations as insiders, here we only suggest the proven ways and top rated ones with travelers’ comments.
Services Included in the Price
Crew service, Transitlog and exit procedures, Port charges and taxes, Mooring fees, Free use of equipment on the yacht, Bed linen and bath towels, Utility water, Yacht insurance, Diesel and gasoline
Dine & Wine
You can bring all food and drinks by yourself. If you want the catering service to be covered by the boat/yacht, the following fees are charged in average.
- 25/35 € per person per day (excluding drinks)
- 35/45 € per person per day (including soft drinks)
- 45/55 € per person per day (including alcoholic/non-alcoholic local drinks – unlimited)