Last Updated on June 19, 2022
Here you can read our useful information and answer to the frequently asked question, “How to get from Bodrum Milas Airport (BJV) to Turgutreis, and vice versa?”. We put together all the transport options and vehicles with insider tips to help you arrange your travel between Bodrum Milas Airport (AYT) and Turgutreis in a safe and comfortable way.
Some Practical Info & Advice
* Bodrum Milas Airport (BJV) is situated on the north easterly Turgutreis. Average distance from the Turgutreis is about 55 km.
* Bodrum Airport Code is BJV, Tel: +90 252 523 01 01 , Web : milas-bodrumairport.com
* It takes about 50 minutes to get to Turgutreis from BJV by taxi or private shuttle.
* You can travel between Bodrum Airport and Turgutreis directly by;
- Shared or Private Shuttles.
* The Private Shuttle (see on bottom page) is the most comfortable and convenient way to travel between the airport and Turgutreis, as well all holiday resorts of Bodrum.
* You can find minibuses from the Bodrum Intercity Bus Terminal to all Bodrum resorts such as Gumbet, Bitez, Akyarlar, Yalikavak, Turgutreis, Ortakent, Gundogan operating in every 15/30 minutes.
* When getting to Bodrum Airport (BJV) from city center or any resort that you are on holiday, we highly recommend you schedule your time to be at the airport at least 1,5 hours for domestic flights and 2,5 hours for international flights.
* When we count the minimum transfer time of average 50 minutes plus 10 minutes possible traffic, you should arrange your transfer in between airport and your hotel/resort at least 2,5 to 3,5 hours before your flight.
* Turkish Liras – You can obtain currency exchange before traveling to Antalya or on arrival. We recommend you to obtain Turkish Liras (TRY ot TL) in Turkey as the exchange rates are usually better in Turkey and you can find exchange offices in Bodrum airport and through whole Bodrum resorts.
* You can get TL from the many ATM machines located inside the Bodrum Airport’s arrival, departure terminals and parking area. When you get Turkish liras we also recommend you to also have small banknotes like 5 TL, 10 TL, 20 TL or 50 TL.
* Your Hotel’s Address – We recommend you to have your accommodation address and telephone number with you. There is big number of hotels in the Bodrum region so that you or taxi drivers may get confused. You may need to check your hotel address or call your hotel.
Getting to/from Bodrum Airport FAQs
How far is Bodrum Airport from Turgutreis?
Bodrum Airport (BJV) is located about 55 km. on the north east part of Turgutreis, while Turgutreis is located about 21 km. westerly from Bodrum city center.
How long does it take to get to Turgutreis from Bodrum Airport?
It takes about 50 minutes to get to Turgutreis by taxi or private shuttle. It will take about more than 1 hour 15 minutes if you try to get to Turgutreis via airport shuttle to Bodrum city center plus midibus.
What is the best way to get from Bodrum Airport to Turgutreis?
The Private Shuttle is the most comfortable, fastest and convenient way to travel between the airport and Turgutreis, as well all holiday resorts of Bodrum.
How much is taxi from Bodrum airport to Turgutreis?
Taxi would cost at least 195-205 TL from Bodrum Airport to Turgutreis. It may cost more regarding your hotel's location and waiting time due to possible traffic.
How to Get to/from Bodrum Airport to your hotel in Turgutreis?
You’ll find several good options to get to from Bodrum Airport (BJV) to Turgutreis or vice versa. Below we gathered all the information and options and tried to explain them to help you make your decision regarding on your needs and budget.
Option 1: MUTTAS Public Bus/HAVAS Airport Shuttle + Midibus
With this option, you’ll get from the Bodrum Airport to Intercity Bus Terminal in the Bodrum city center. From there you’ll need to change vehicle and take midibuses operating in every 15/30 minutes to Turgutreis. We don’t recommend this as it will be difficult with ones taveling with families and with luggage.
The MUTTAS public buses, and HAVAS Airport Shuttles operate in between Bodrum Airport and Bodrum city center.
MUTTAS Public Buses
The public bus service named “MUTTAS” operates between Bodrum Airport and city center, including Intercity Bus Terminal. There is also a stop at the Torba junction and Guvercinlik Migros Supermarket.
Bodrum Intercity Bus Terminal to Bodrum Airport
The public buses depart about 2 hours prior to the flight time.
Bodrum Airport to Bodrum Intercity Bus Terminal
The public buses depart upon the arrivals. You can find them in front of the Domestic Arrivals.
You need to pay in cash. Credit card is not available.
It takes about 50 minutes to get to the city center
HAVAS Airport Shuttle
The HAVAS Airport Shuttles operate on a regular fixed route to Bodrum city center and Intercity Bus Terminal. The shuttles are scheduled according to the domestic flights. You can find them in front of the Domestic Arrivals.
Bodrum Milas Airport, Güvercinlik, Torba road, Bodrum Intercity Bus Terminal
It takes about 45 minutes to get to the city center
Please check prices from havas.net
from Bodrum city center to Bitez
From the Bodrum Intercity Bus Terminal, you’ll need to take the midibuses (dolmus) operating to Turgutreis in every 15/30 minutes, or take a taxi. Turgutreis is located about 21 km. westerly from Bodrum city center.
Option 2: Taxi
Taxi to your hotel is another option. Taxi ranks are located outside the terminal so you should walk some. You should know that Bodrum Airport is some far away from Bitez.
Below you can find the 2022 taxi fares in Bodrum and whole Mugla region for standard yellow taxis. There is no day and night difference.
- The taxi-meter switch on price is 7,75 TL
- 0-1 km. fixed taxi fare is 18,75 TL
- 1-5 km. taxi fare is 7,25 TL/Km
- 6-15 km. taxi fare is 6,15 TL per km
- 16-30 km. taxi fare is 5,15 TL per km
- 31-50 km. taxi fare is 4,75 TL per km
- Over 51 km. taxi fare is 4,25 TL per km
There is no day and night difference. If we make a calculation, regarding you will take a local taxi from the Bodrum airport to Turgutreis within an average distance of 55 km, the taxi fare for will be around 430 TL.
It may also cost you more depending where your hotel is, possible traffic and the taxi driver’s possible drive to your hotel from different long routes.
Option 3: Private / Shared Shuttle
For the ones who travel with a group of friends, families with kids, or the ones with lots of luggage, than we highly recommend you to arrange a private shuttle transfer for your hotel in Turgutreis as they offer a fixed rate, comfortable and safe transfer that include meet-and-greet airport pickups and luggage assistance to your hotel from the airports or vice versa.
The HAVAS airport shuttle will drop you off at the Bodrum city center or Intercity Bus Terminal, and than you’ll need to take a taxi or midibus again to get to your hotel which will be a hard trip for you especially with kids and luggage. On the contrary, private transfer will ride you just to the entrance of your hotel.
As for private shuttle transfers, we highly recommend Tranigo (a Turkish company operating since 1996, and partnered with renowned names like Hertz, Thrifty, Budget, and many reliable and efficient local suppliers) as we recently booked with them had a great trip to our hotel.
They offer low-priced, fixed rate private shuttles that include meet-and-greet airport pickups and luggage assistance. Their large selection of comfortable taxis, minivans, luxurious cars and 6-19+ passenger minibuses can match any need while ensuring quick, comfortable and safe trip to and from Bodrum Airport (BJV). They are also faster and more comfortable than airport shuttle, bus or taxi.
COVID-19 Coronavirus Prevention and Safety Measures
The safety and health of the guests and the drivers is a top priority. They guarantee that all the vehicles are cleaned and disinfected in accordance with the World Health Organization’s guidelines against COVID-19.
Below you can click on the destination you need an airport transfer or make a search from the search box under to entire Bodrum region to find the prefect private shuttle and transfer service from Bodrum Milas Airport (BJV) to your hotel in any Bodrum resort and vice versa.
Faster and more comfortable than shuttles, buses and taxis. Free cancellation. All prices include fees & tip.