Chartering a superyacht is a dream for many people who love the sea, luxury, and adventure. Turkey is a popular destination for superyacht charters, thanks to its stunning coastline, crystal clear waters, and rich culture. If you’re planning to charter a superyacht in Turkey, you’re probably wondering how much it will cost. In this article, we’ll break down the costs of chartering a superyacht in Turkey so you can plan your dream vacation.
What is a superyacht?
A superyacht is a luxurious motor or sailing yacht that is usually over 24 meters in length. They are equipped with high-end amenities and features, such as spacious cabins, state-of-the-art entertainment systems, gourmet kitchens, and swimming pools.
Bodrum Yacht Charter & Boat RentalViraVira.co, the leading yacht charter marketplace in Europe and one of the few online platforms in the world specialized in marine tourism. More than 12,000 hourly, daily, weekly private rental boats, yacht/gulet charters and blue cruise in Turkey from Bodrum, Marmaris, Gocek, Fethiye, Bozburun, Antalya, Istanbul, as well as from Greece, Croatia, Italy, and France. Easy and secure booking experience at the best prices.
Superyachts are often crewed, with professional chefs, captains, and other staff to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable experience for guests.
Why charter a superyacht in Turkey?
Turkey is a popular destination for superyacht charters for several reasons:
- Beautiful coastline: Turkey has a stunning coastline that stretches over 8,000 kilometers, offering plenty of opportunities for exploring hidden bays, beaches, and coves.
- Rich history and culture: Turkey is home to some of the world’s most ancient and historically significant sites, such as Ephesus, Troy, and the Hagia Sophia.
- Delicious cuisine: Turkish cuisine is known for its rich flavors and fresh ingredients, such as grilled meat, seafood, meze, and baklava.
- Excellent weather: Turkey enjoys a Mediterranean climate with long, sunny summers and mild winters, making it an ideal destination for yacht charters.
How much does it cost to charter a superyacht in Turkey?
The cost of chartering a superyacht in Turkey can vary depending on several factors, such as the size of the yacht, the length of the charter, the time of year, and the level of luxury and service you require. However, as a general guide, here are the approximate costs for superyacht charters in Turkey:
- Small superyacht (24-30 meters): €30,000-€70,000 per week
- Medium superyacht (30-40 meters): €70,000-€120,000 per week
- Large superyacht (40-70 meters): €120,000-€500,000+ per week
It’s important to note that these costs may not include additional expenses, such as fuel, food and drink, marina fees, and crew gratuities. You may also need to budget for extras such as water sports equipment, helicopter transfers, and on-board entertainment.
What affects the cost of a superyacht charter in Turkey?
Several factors can affect the cost of a superyacht charter in Turkey:
- Yacht size: Larger superyachts are generally more expensive to charter than smaller ones, as they require more fuel, staff, and maintenance.
- Time of year: High season (July-August) is typically more expensive than low season (April-June, September-October).
- Destination: Some parts of the Turkish coastline, such as the Bodrum Peninsula and the Gulf of Fethiye, are more popular and therefore more expensive than others.
- Amenities: The level of luxury and features on the yacht, such as jacuzzis, gyms, and cinemas, can affect the cost of the charter.
- Crew and staff: The size and experience of the crew can impact the cost of the charter, as can any additional staff, such as a private chef or masseuse.
What’s included in a superyacht charter in Turkey?
When you charter a superyacht in Turkey, you can expect the ultimate luxury experience. The following amenities and services are typically included in a superyacht charter:
- Crew: A highly trained crew, including a captain, chef, stewardesses, and other support staff, is included in the cost of the charter. The crew is responsible for operating the yacht and ensuring that you have a comfortable and enjoyable experience on board.
- Food and beverages: The cost of food and beverages is typically included in the price of the charter. The yacht’s chef will prepare delicious meals and snacks for you and your guests throughout your trip.
- Water toys: Many superyachts come equipped with water toys, such as jet skis, water skis, wakeboards, paddleboards, and snorkeling gear. These toys are available for your use at no additional cost.
- Fuel: The cost of fuel is typically included in the price of the charter, although some yachts may have a fuel surcharge if you travel long distances or engage in high-speed activities.
- Port fees: Most marinas and ports charge fees for mooring and other services. These fees are typically included in the price of the charter, but it’s always a good idea to double-check with your charter broker.
- Insurance: The yacht and its crew are fully insured, and the cost of insurance is typically included in the price of the charter.
- Wi-Fi: Most superyachts come equipped with Wi-Fi, which is available for your use at no additional cost.
What’s not included in a superyacht charter in Turkey?
While a superyacht charter in Turkey includes many amenities and services, there are some things that are not typically included in the price of the charter. These include:
- Alcoholic beverages: While non-alcoholic beverages are typically included in the price of the charter, you may need to pay extra for beer, wine, and spirits. Some yachts allow you to bring your own alcohol on board, while others have a bar on board that you can purchase from.
- Crew gratuities: It’s customary to tip the crew at the end of your charter, usually between 10% and 20% of the charter fee, depending on the level of service you receive.
- Dockage fees: If you decide to dock at a private marina or port, you may be responsible for paying dockage fees.
- Fuel surcharges: If you travel long distances or engage in high-speed activities, you may be responsible for paying a fuel surcharge.
Chartering a superyacht in Turkey is the ultimate luxury experience. While the cost of chartering a superyacht may seem high, it includes a wide range of amenities and services that make it well worth the investment.
Whether you’re looking for a romantic getaway, a family vacation, or a corporate event, chartering a superyacht in Turkey is an unforgettable experience that you won’t want to miss.